Ipswich Ladies Bowls Club (ILBC) was formed in 1935 due to the unrest at Ipswich Bowls Club (which was a mixed club), because the ladies were given so few games each year it was time for the ladies to move on and form a club of their own.
Many meetings took place during that year and eventually an all ladies bowls club was ready to play at Dalton Street Bowls Green in 1936 and ILBC has never looked back.
Play was suspended during the war years but resumed in 1951 when it moved to the Waveney Hotel in Bramford Road.
In 1964 the next venue was Lower Brook Street and in 1977 ILBC moved to the Marlborough Bowls Green in Lansdowne Road where it continues to this day.
Our club runs on the same lines as in previous years with a full fixture list of matches, competitions, drives, fund raising activities and bridge.
Over the years it has celebrated its Golden Jubilee, 60 years and its 75th anniversary. The club is as strong as ever as it heads, hopefully towards it’s centenary.